Quesenberry, Katherine, DVM, MPH, DABVP (Avian)
Staff Doctor; Head of Avian & Exotics
Dr. Katherine Quesenberry has been practicing avian and exotic pet medicine exclusively for nearly 30 years. She is recognized both nationally and internationally as a leader in this field of veterinary medicine. Dr. Quesenberry has trained more than 16 residents in avian and exotic pet medicine, most of whom are now board certified and are leaders in the field throughout the country. Dr. Quesenberry has co-edited several books, including Ferrets, Rabbits and Rodents: Clinical Medicine and Surgery, which is a best selling veterinary textbook, Avian Medicine and Surgery, and Veterinary Clinics of North America: Exotic Pet Medicine I and II. Dr. Quesenberry is the Scientific Editor for the Journal of Avian Medicine and Surgery, an international journal published by the Association of Avian Veterinarians. She has lectured extensively throughout the United States and Europe about veterinary care of birds, small mammals and other exotic pets.
- Diplomate, Avian Practice, American Board of Veterinary Practitioners, 1994
- Winner of the 2017 Mammal Health Award presented by the Association of Exotic Mammal Veterinarians and Oxbow Animal Health
- BS - Virginia Polytechnic Institute, Blacksburg, VA, 1977
- DVM - University of Georgia, Athens, GA, 1981
- MPH - Yale School of Public Health, New Haven, CT, 2006