Dr. Fischetti completed his radiology residency training at The Ohio State University. In addition to radiology, he has a strong interest in MRI and CT scanning and abdominal ultrasound. Dr. Fischetti enjoys interactive small group teaching and holds frequent radiology rounds. Presently, he is head of the Diagnostic Imaging Service at The AMC.
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Radiology, 2005
- BS - Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, 1997
- DVM - Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, 2001
- Rotating Internship in Small Animal Medicine & Surgery, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 2002
- MS - The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, 2005
- Biegan VR, Slusser PG, Fischetti AJ, et al. Successful treatment of encrusted cystitis associated with Staphylococcus pseudointermedius infection in the urinary bladder of a dog. 2013; 242(6):798-802.
- Fischetti AJ, Gisselman KK, Peterson ME. CT and MR evaluation of skull bones and soft tissues in six cats with presumed acromegaly versus 12 unaffected cats. Vet Radiol Ultrasound. 2012; 53(5):535-9.
- Guinan J, Fischetti AJ, Chalhoub S. Primary peri-aortic hemangiosarcoma in a dog. Can Vet J. 2012; 53(11):1214-8.
- Spector DA, Fischetti AJ. CT characteristics of pelvic masses in dogs. Vet Radiol Ultrasound. 2011;52(1):71-4.
- Karnik J, Reichle JK, Fischetti AJ, et al. Computed tomographic findings of fungal rhinitis and sinusitis in cats. Vet Radiol Ultrasound. 2009;50:65-8.
- Fischetti AJ, Kovak J. Azygous continuation of the caudal vena cava with and without portocaval shunting. Vet Radiol Ultrasound. 2008;49:573-6.
- Cavanaugh, RP, Kovak JR, Fischetti A, Barton, LJ, Bergman P. Evaluation of surgically placed gastrojejunostomy feeding tubes in critically ill dogs. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, 232:3, 2008.
- Fischetti AJ. Forward and Guest Editor for Clinical Techniques in Small Animal Practice: Special Topic “Ultrasound” Elsevier, St. Louis, 2007.
- Fischetti AJ, Scott RS. Basic Ultrasound Technology and Instrumentation. Clinical Techniques in Small Animal Practice: Special Topic “Ultrasound” 2007.
- Clifford CA, Fischetti AJ, Goggin J, Pretorius ES. Chapter 4: Computed Tomography and Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Veterinary Oncology, In Small Animal Clinical Oncology: A Clinical Handbook. Elsevier, St. Louis; 2007.
- Drost WT, Couto CG, Fischetti AJ, Mattoon JS. Comparison of Glomerular Filtration Rate in Greyhound and Non-Greyhound Dogs. Accepted for Publication, Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine. 2006;20:544-546.
- Fischetti AJ, Drost WT, DiBartola SP, Chew DJ, Schenck PA, Meadows C. Effects of Methimazole on Thyroid Gland Uptake of Pertechnetate in Nineteen Hyperthyroid Cats. Vet Radiol Ultrasound. 2005;46:267-272.