Dr. Donovan graduated from Cornell University, completed an internship at The Animal Medical Center, followed by a pathology residency at Cornell College of Veterinary Medicine. She obtained board certification with the American College of Veterinary Pathologists in 2006, and gained additional post graduate experience through a fellowship at the Zoological Society of San Diego. Dr. Donovan directs interactive teaching and educational rounds at AMC, and oversees gross, histopathologic and immunohistology services in the Department of Pathology at The Animal Medical Center.
- BA - Vassar College, Poughkeepsie, NY, 1997
- DVM - Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine, Ithaca, NY, 2001
- Donovan T, Schrenzel M, Tucker T, Pessier A, Bicknese B, Busch M, Wise A, Maes R, Kiupel M, McKnight C, Nordhausen R.Meningoencephalitis in a polar bear caused by equine herpesvirus-9 (EHV-9). Vet Pathol. 2009 Nov;46(6):1138-43.
- Imai DM, Nadler SA, Brenner D, Donovan TA, Pessier AP. Rhabditid nematode-associated ophthalmitis and meningoencephalomyelitis in captive Asian horned frogs (Megophrys montana). J Vet Diagn Invest. 2009 Jul;21(4):568-73.
- Schrenzel MD, Tucker TA, Donovan TA, Busch MD, Wise AG, Maes RK, Kiupel M. New hosts for equine herpesvirus 9. Emerg Infect Dis. 2008 Oct;14(10):1616-9.
- Donovan TA, Schrenzel M, Tucker TA, Pessier AP, Stalis IH. Hepatic hemorrhage, hemocoelom, and sudden death due to Haemoproteus infection in passerine birds: eleven cases. J Vet Diagn Invest. 2008 May;20(3):304-13.