The information contained in this site is not intended to replace a physical examination by a licensed veterinarian. If you think your pet is ill, please contact a veterinarian right away.
This simple checklist will help us evaluate your pet’s health.
If your answer is ‘YES‘ to any of the questions below, please speak with your veterinarian or call The Animal Medical Center at (212) 838-7053 to make an appointment for your pet.
- is inactive and/or depressed
- walks with stiffness, pain, or difficulty
- breathes with difficulty or has a cough
Ear, Nose & Throat
- has discharge from the nose or eyes
- has odor from the ears or excessive ear wax
- has teeth with plaque or discoloration, reddened gums, or bad breath
Eating, Drinking & Elimination
- has soft, bloody, or watery bowel movements
- drinks more than normal amounts of water
- urinates greater volumes or urinates more times per day than usual
- eats less than normal
- has been gaining excessive weight
- has been losing excessive weight
Skin & Coat
- has lumps (anywhere)
- has fleas, ticks, or mites
- has a dull or scaly coat
- has sores on skin or oily skin
- scratches excessively