Thank you for your interest in the 2016 Pre-Veterinary Summer Volunteer Program. Our selection process has been completed. We are thankful that there was such a great interest in the program. If you have not been contacted, please consider applying to our program next year. We will accept applications for the 2017 program from November 1, 2016 – January 1, 2017. Please review the content below for applicant information.
For individuals who have a serious interest in a career in veterinary medicine, this program provides an opportunity for exposure to the variety of veterinary specialities practiced at The Animal Medical Center. The AMC, with its unique resources, is able to provide clinical, hands-on experience to student volunteers.
Many veterinary schools require small animal experience as a prerequisite for acceptance into their programs. Participation in this AMC program can be of great benefit to students who have the need to comply with this qualification.
Through this selective program, we endeavor to provide a satisfying, educationally enriching experience to as many participants as possible. Qualified candidates, please request an application by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org after reviewing the following guidelines:
- The Pre-Veterinary Student Volunteer Program is an unpaid, volunteer internship reserved for those individuals who demonstrate a serious interest in entering the profession.
- Most student volunteers are required to commit to 10 continuous 35-hour weeks.
- Student volunteers work in areas of service and support to the veterinary staff, reporting to the supervisor on duty and receiving direction from him or her.
- Acceptable levels of education for candidates are limited to college students on a pre-veterinary track.
- Student volunteers are expected to fulfill their time commitment in order to receive a certificate of completion.
- All candidates must apply through the Human Resources Department.
- Student volunteers are chosen from among the applicants on the basis of experience and qualifications at the discretion of the AMC.
We endeavor for participants in this program to receive broad exposure to the variety of specialty medicine practiced at The Animal Medical Center. Participants are given the opportunity to work closely with veterinarians, licensed technicians and support staff in an active work environment. A student volunteer will be allowed to perform the tasks of a veterinary assistant during the duration of this volunteer program.