Due to major expansion and restructure, we have an immediate opportunity for an experienced, professional Licensed Veterinary Technician to serve as Assistant Director of the Cancer Institute, overseeing the following areas:
- Radiation Therapy
- CT/MRI Services
This position, reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, is responsible for organizing, planning, leading and directing clinical and management activities for the designated departments and in accordance with the hospital policies and procedures; accountable for daily operations and oversight of nursing practice and patient care delivery; participates as a member of the healthcare team in maintaining continuity and quality of patient care. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a high level of leadership ability, supervisory skills, problem-solving skills, and patient advocacy experience.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinate and manage the Oncology Department, including Radiation Therapy.
- Manage Care Coordinators’ activities supporting the service
- Act as a liaison between the clinical staff and technical/support staff to assure optimal communications and efficient operations
- Provides day to day instructions to team members on job responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Nurse Managers and Client Services team to develop, continually improve and promote quality standards for nursing care
- Plan and prepare work schedules and assign staff to specific duties
- Identifies staffing needs and works with HR to recruit appropriate staff
- Conduct performance reviews
- Participate in the progressive discipline and termination process of staff
- Provides training for staff
- Assist in developing and maintaining new policies and training programs
- Manage patient flow, front office and back office functions
Qualified applicants will have:
- LVT (New York State Licensed) with an associate’s degree in an AVMA-accredited veterinary science technology program or equivalent with NYS licensure
- Minimum of 3 years of Nurse Management experience in a specialty veterinary hospital
- Proven ability to lead nursing and technical staff in a 24-hour healthcare environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to use a computer for data collection
- Ability to manage multiple tasks along a parallel process
As well as the demonstrated ability to:
- Develop, plan and implement short and long-range goals
- Recruit, orient and train employees
- Provide nursing and technical guidance and leadership
- Establish and maintain effective, respectful working relationships and customer satisfaction with all stakeholders
- Maintains a positive rapport with clients
Employees of The Animal Medical Center must respect and enjoy companion animals.
The Animal Medical Center offers excellent benefits including medical/dental insurance, tuition assistance, retirement plans, pet care discounts and more. Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
Interested and qualified candidates please email resume/application, with cover letter, to email@example.com or fax 212-758-8157.