As a Client Services Representative (CSR) at the Animal Medical Center, duties will include but may not be limited to keeping accurate medical records, clerical work, client education, and support of the Director of Clinical Services, Client Services Managers, and other team members. This position requires practical knowledge of hospital procedures, policies and services; client and patient treatment protocols; data transcribing and word processing; and the standard procedures, records and terminology used in the veterinary hospital.
CSRs work with the entire AMC team to promote a positive attitude and an environment of patient and client-centered service, continuous quality improvement, compliance with AAHA Standards and other statutory requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acknowledge and cheerfully greet all clients and visitors in a professional and timely fashion.
- Proficiently register and check-in new and returning clients and patients and appropriately providing client with and process all forms and other paperwork required for intake and discharge of animals.
- Appropriately triage emergency cases and send follow-up communication.
- Schedule follow-up, reschedule, and cancel patient appointments using Cornerstone.
- Handle all financial transactions and reconcile client files as needed – including auditing invoices prior to clients/patients discharging from the hospital; Reconcile the financial transactions each day – including end of day and end of month.
- Offer alternative payment options to clients such as Care Credit and AMC payment plans. Terms for both options must be explained to client to ensure client is aware of all conditions and agreements.
- Efficiently and appropriately communicate ongoing projects from shift to shift, co-worker to co-worker.
- Appropriately assist patients in getting medications refilled.
- Maintain the confidentiality, security, and physical safety of all patient medical records in addition to collecting, scanning, processing, maintaining, storing, timely retrieve, and distributing medical records.
- Maintain the client services area and clinic reception area in accordance with safety and infection control guidelines.
- Courteously accepting other job duties as assigned.
- Conduct oneself in a confident and professional manner even when stressed and/or focused on individual tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have basic knowledge of office procedures and machines.
- Proficient knowledge and competency of MS Office (especially Outlook).
- Must possess excellent telephone skills and make a positive first impression on patients and visitors to the clinic.
Education and/or Experience:
College degree preferred but must have High School diploma or equivalent.
Ability to read, write, and comprehend instruction, short correspondence, and memos in English. Must be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees in person, telephone, and all forms of electronic communication.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, and percents.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Tuesday – Saturday 3pm-11pm
- Sunday – Thursday 3pm-11pm
- Tuesday – Saturday 4pm-12am
- Sunday, Monday 5pm-1am, Tuesday – Thursday 4pm-12am
- Friday – Monday 3pm-11pm
- Friday, Saturday 3pm-11pm & Sunday, Monday 4pm-12am
- Friday – Monday 4pm-12am
The Animal Medical Center offers excellent benefits including medical/dental insurance, tuition assistance, retirement plan, pet care discounts and more.
Interested and qualified candidates should email resume/application, with cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 212-758-8157. We are an equal opportunity employer.