- Must be able to interpret and execute treatment directives given by veterinarian
- Will be required to operate/or monitor Heska and syringe pumps, Cardell blood pressure monitors, Doppler monitors and blood gas machines
- Must be able to place jelco and sampling catheters, collect blood samples
- Required to update patient records and monitor patient activity using Cornerstone
- Maintain stock and order supplies
- Assist with cleaning and maintaining cleanliness of ward and would be required to participate in the training of new employees and volunteers
- Must have a New York State Veterinary Technician’s license or permit
- Must have animal handling experience and ability to lift and restrain animals weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work successfully as part of a team
- Must have the ability to remain composed in stressful and emergency situations
- Must have flexibility necessary to work additional hours when workload requires
- Wednesday – Friday 1:30pm-11pm, Saturday 2pm-11pm
The Animal Medical Center offers excellent benefits including medical/dental insurance, tuition assistance, retirement plan, pet care discounts and more.
Interested and qualified candidates should send resume/application and cover letter to email@example.com or fax 212-758-8157.