This position is necessary to elevate the standard of peri-operative care at the Animal Medical Center and provide education regarding standards and guidelines for scrubbing.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Employee will be responsible for scrubbing into surgical cases and educating new residents, interns and other staff into the scrub role
- Other duties include but are not limited to securing & preparing all supplies required for surgery, prepare & maintain surgical field, perform instrument counts, patient prep, collect & label specimens taken during procedure
- Must be able to assist with training of assistants in the circulating role, ensuring surgical area in compliance with AAHA and other legislation
- Create new policies & protocols for surgery
- Must have National Certification as a Surgical Technologist (CST)
- 3-5 years’ experience as a surgical scrub tech
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Must be able to display professional, responsible, and accountable attitude and behavior
- Must be able to multi-task and work well in a team environment & under pressure
Interested candidates should send resume/cover letter via fax to (212) 758-8157 or firstname.lastname@example.org.