Provide administrative support to the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) and Chief Operating Officer (COO), while managing education activities throughout the hospital i.e. externships, visiting veterinarians, Partners In Practice, Match, and Intern/Resident orientation.
This position will also be responsible for library related projects.
- Perform administrative duties
- Prepare agendas and conference room
- Arrange and coordinate meetings and events
- Record, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings
- Maintain the AMC educational calendar
- Design and maintain the database
- Prepare correspondence and mail
- Determine matters of top priority and handle them accordingly
- Maintain office supplies, inventory placing order and verify receipt of supplies
- Ability to meet deadlines and work some weekends and some evening hours as needed
- Gather, interpret and summarize data and prepare reports with graphics
- Take responsibility for education projects (ex. Partners In Practice) taking input from the Program Director/veterinary medical staff
- Schedule tours for students, visiting veterinarians and others as needed
- Maintain photo file
- Have an interest in video recording of meetings and events
- Maintain educational/research electronic and printed journals, textbooks
- Assist in literature searches and acquiring articles through interlibrary loan system
- Minimum 5 years experience as an administrative assistant, reporting to a senior officer
- College degree preferred
- Must be extremely detail oriented
- Must possess organizational and time management skills
- Must respect and enjoy companion animals
- Must have excellent people skills and enjoy working with people
- Advanced proficiency in administrative skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and constructively
- Ability to make effective and appropriate decisions
- Ability to demonstrate patience, maturity and calmness in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment
- Experience with computer skills including Word, Excel, Adobe, graphics and internet experience
- Excellent verbal and written skills
This position reports to CMO and COO
The Animal Medical Center offers excellent benefits including medical/dental insurance, tuition assistance, retirement plan, pet care discounts and more. Salary will commensurate with skills and experience.
Interested and qualified candidates please email resumes/applications, with cover letters, to email@example.com or fax 212-758-8157.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.