This position includes training in recovery, dentistry, orthopedics, surgery, emergency room, ophthalmology, neurology, interventional radiology and exotics. Technician will assist with all aspects of patient care from admission through discharge. The primary responsibility of this position is coordinating anesthesia support for all AMC services. Duties will include but not be limited to: trouble shooting, operation and care of surgical and anesthetic equipment, maintenance of inventory, leadership/coordination, and research/educational projects of anesthesia and surgical focus. Must be flexible to changes in schedules based on the needs of the unit and must be able to participate in an overnight on-call rotation.
• The candidate for this position must have an advanced skill set and processes.
• Must be able to perform all the tasks associated with critical and emergent anesthesia procedures.
• The equivalent of 6 months training is required in the surgery department of the Animal Medical Center.
• Candidate must be able to lead and act autonomously during a crisis and be adept at crash medicine and resuscitation.
• A NYS Veterinary Technician license and 6 – 10 years of anesthesia experience is required.
• Candidate should be interested in pursing a VTS in anesthesia. Candidate must be able to work successfully as part of a team and autonomously with the ability to remain composed in stressful and emergency situations. Must be knowledgeable with pain management strategies, balanced anesthesia, emergency drugs, CPCR and post-operative care.
• The individual must be flexible about working additional hours when necessary and have the willingness and determination to remain on the cutting edge of veterinary anesthesia. Candidate must possess strong leadership and communication skills.
Shift: 4 days a week including every other Saturday 7:30am – 5:30pm
Employees of The Animal Medical Center must respect and enjoy companion animals.
The Animal Medical Center offers excellent benefits including medical/dental insurance, tuition assistance, retirement plan, pet care discounts and more.
Interested and qualified candidates should email resume/application, with cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 212-758-8157.