Lebowitz, Abbie, DVM, DACVIM (Neurology)
Dr. Abbie Lebowitz earned her Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine from The Ohio State University in 2006. She spent a year working in general practice prior to pursing a rotating internship followed by a Neurology Residency at the Animal Medical Center. Following her residency, Dr. Lebowitz spent four years as a staff neurologist/neurosurgeon in both Illinois and New York. During her time in Illinois, she completed her ACVIM Neurosurgery Certification. In 2015 she returned to the Animal Medical Center as a staff neurologist/neurosurgeon. Her professional interests include refractory seizures, immune mediated diseases within the central nervous system and cerebrovascular disease.
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Neurology)
- BS in Environmental Science - University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, 2002
- DVM - The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, 2006
- Internship in Small Animal Medicine and Surgery - The Animal Medical Center, New York, NY, 2008
- Residency in Neurology/Neurosurgery - The Animal Medical Center, New York, NY, 2011
- Kolicheski A, Johnson GS, O'Brien DP, Mhlanga-Mutangadura T, Gilliam D, Guo J, Anderson-Sieg TD, Schnabel RD, Taylor JF, Lebowitz A, Swanson B, Hicks D, Niman ZE, Wininger FA, Carpentier MC, Katz ML. Australian Cattle Dogs with Neuronal Ceroid Lipofuscinosis are Homozygous for a CLN5 Nonsense Mutation Previously Identified in Border Collies. J Vet Intern Med. 2016 Jul;30(4):1149-58.