Fischetti, Anthony, DVM, MS, DACVR
Staff Doctor; Head of Diagnostic Imaging & Radiology
Dr. Fischetti is the Head of Diagnostic Imaging at the Animal Medical Center in Manhattan. A native Long Islander, Dr. Fischetti received undergraduate and veterinary degrees from Cornell University (1993-2001). He then completed an internship at the University of Pennsylvania, followed by a 3-year Diagnostic Imaging Residency/Master’s Degree from The Ohio State University. In 2005, Dr. Fischetti returned to New York as staff doctor at Animal Medical Center. Dr. Fischetti’s enthusiasm and expertise span all imaging modalities, maintaining quality control for AMC’s radiology (x-ray), ultrasound, computed tomography (CT), and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) units. He was a member of the board of examiners for the American College of Veterinary Radiology (ACVR) from 2006 to 2011. He created and oversees the Animal Medical Center’s three-year residency in Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging. In 2015, Dr. Fischetti became a council member for the ACVR. His research interests include the effects of image compression on diagnostic accuracy, CT angiography for abdominal vascular anomalies (portosystemic shunts and arteriovenous malformations), and cardiac MRI for heart-based tumors and pericardial effusion. In addition to his own residents, Dr. Fischetti teaches over 40 students, interns and residents of other specialties each year as they rotate through radiology. He is the imaging consultant for the Bergh Memorial Hospital at ASPCA as well as for 25 other private practices in the NYC vicinity.
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Radiology, 2005
- BS - Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, 1997
- DVM - Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, 2001
- Rotating Internship in Small Animal Medicine & Surgery, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 2002
- MS - The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, 2005
- Noel PG, Fischetti AJ, Moore GE, Le Roux AB. Comparison of off-site JPEG-format versus DICOM-format standard workstation in the radiographic diagnosis of small intestinal obstruction in dogs and cats. Manuscript submitted, awaiting review, Vet Radiol Ultrasound 2016.
- Cook AB, Langston CE, Fischetti AJ, Donovan TA. Urinary bladder duplication in a cat. Vet Radiol Ultrasound. 2015 Jul-Aug;56(4).
- Szabo D, Fischetti AJ. What is your diagnosis? Peritoneopericardial diaphragmatic hernia. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2014 Jan 15; 244(2):157-9.
- Biegen VR, Slusser PG, Fischetti AJ, et al. Successful treatment of encrusted cystitis associated with Staphylococcus pseudointermedius infection in the urinary bladder of a dog. 2013; 242(6):798-802.
- Fischetti AJ, Gisselman KK, Peterson ME. CT and MR evaluation of skull bones and soft tissues in six cats with presumed acromegaly versus 12 unaffected cats. Vet Radiol Ultrasound. 2012; 53(5):535-9.
- Guinan J, Fischetti AJ, Chalhoub S. Primary peri-aortic hemangiosarcoma in a dog. Can Vet J. 2012; 53(11):1214-8.
- Spector DA, Fischetti AJ, Kovak-McClaran JR. CT characteristics of intrapelvic masses in dogs. Vet Radiol Ultrasound. 2011;52(1):71-4.
- Karnik J, Reichle JK, Fischetti AJ, et al. Computed tomographic findings of fungal rhinitis and sinusitis in cats. Vet Radiol Ultrasound. 2009;50:65-8.
- Fischetti AJ, Kovak J. Azygous continuation of the caudal vena cava with and without portocaval shunting. Vet Radiol Ultrasound. 2008;49:573-6.
- Cavanaugh, RP, Kovak JR, Fischetti A, Barton, LJ, Bergman P. Evaluation of surgically placed gastrojejunostomy feeding tubes in critically ill dogs. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, 232:3, 2008.
- Fischetti AJ. Forward and Guest Editor for Clinical Techniques in Small Animal Practice: Special Topic “Ultrasound” Elsevier, St. Louis, 2007.
- Fischetti AJ, Scott RS. Basic Ultrasound Technology and Instrumentation. Clinical Techniques in Small Animal Practice: Special Topic “Ultrasound” 2007.
- Clifford CA, Fischetti AJ, Goggin J, Pretorius ES. Chapter 4: Computed Tomography and Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Veterinary Oncology, In Small Animal Clinical Oncology: A Clinical Handbook. Elsevier, St. Louis; 2007.
- Drost WT, Couto CG, Fischetti AJ, Mattoon JS. Comparison of Glomerular Filtration Rate in Greyhound and Non-Greyhound Dogs. Accepted for Publication, Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine. 2006;20:544-546.
- Fischetti AJ, Drost WT, DiBartola SP, Chew DJ, Schenck PA, Meadows C. Effects of Methimazole on Thyroid Gland Uptake of Pertechnetate in Nineteen Hyperthyroid Cats. Vet Radiol Ultrasound. 2005;46:267-272.