Tag Archives: ibuprofen

Medication Safety for Pets

Augusto the dog sitting and looking up at the camera
Last winter, in recognition of National Poison Prevention week, I wrote about how an unusual treatment used at The Animal Medical Center saved the life of Sadie, a dog who had ingested a bottle of ibuprofen. Not all pets that accidentally ingest medications are as lucky as Sadie. The handsome Cane Corso, Agusto, shown here,

Pills and Poison Prevention

Last week was National Poison Prevention Week and the 50th anniversary of this poison prevention campaign. The theme for the 2012 National Poison Prevention week, “Children act fast, so do poisons,” could also be: “Pets act fast, so do poisons.” Here is the story of Sadie, a beautiful 9-month-old Weimaraner who acted fast and almost