The Schwarzman Animal Medical Center is seeking a full-time anesthesiologist to join our Anesthesia & Pain Management Service. The applicant must be board certified or board eligible in anesthesiology and be eligible for licensure in New York State.
Compassionate and Collaborative Care at the World’s Largest Non-Profit Animal Hospital
The AMC’s commitment to compassionate and pioneering veterinary care dates to 1910 when it was founded as a clinic to help animals whose owners could not afford treatment. We continue this legacy today as the world’s largest non-profit animal hospital and the premier veterinary hospital in the tri-state area, maintaining the only Level 1 Trauma Center in New York City and the highest standards of care as part of our American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) accreditation. With 130+ veterinarians working collaboratively across 20 specialties and services, our team prides itself on delivering world class veterinary care to help keep pet families together.
A Commitment to Lifelong Learning
When you join the team at AMC, you join a renowned team of veterinary professionals dedicated to innovative care, research, and education. Our prestigious postgraduate education programs attract future leaders in veterinary medicine, and the clinical research conducted at AMC has led to breakthroughs that change the way veterinary care is delivered industry wide. This shared commitment to learning, teaching, and innovative care creates a collegial, collaborative environment with rewarding opportunities for advancement and growth.
The Future of Veterinary Medicine
We’re building the future of veterinary medicine at the Schwarzman Animal Medical Center, thanks to our transformative Gift of Love campaign to expand and enhance our clinical, educational, and research capacities. Construction is currently underway to add 37,000 square feet of new and renovated space, ensuring AMC is at the forefront of veterinary medicine for generations to come.
About the Anesthesia & Pain Management Service
The Anesthesia & Pain Management Service works collaboratively across all AMC services and specialties to ensure safe and effective surgical and diagnostic procedures. The service comprises one board-certified anesthesiologist, one full-time emergency anesthesia veterinarian, and one specialty intern, with the support of well-trained Licensed Veterinary Technicians and Veterinary Assistants. In addition to a full suite of anesthetic delivery and monitoring equipment, AMC offers a range of state-of-the-art equipment and facilities, including:
- Gambro Phoenix dialysis machine
- Prismaflex system for CCRT and plasma exchange
- Philips Intera 1.5T MRI
- Toshiba Aquilion 64 slice CT scanner
- Philips BV Pulsera mobile C-arm
- Dedicated interventional radiology/endoscopy suite with a full range of endoscopic equipment
- Supervising sedated and anesthetized patients
- Instructing and supervising technicians, interns, and residents performing sedation/anesthesia
- Providing in-house consultation on sedation, anesthesia, and pain management plans for dogs, cats, small mammals, reptiles, and birds
- Providing consultation support to referring veterinarians
- Providing didactic lectures for interns, residents, and the referring veterinary community
- Competitive salary
- Generous sign-on bonus
- Four-day work week
- Comprehensive benefits including health insurance with medical, dental, and vision benefits, very generous paid time off, paid continuing education time-off and stipend, and 403-b retirement plan with employer contribution
- Possibility of housing in an AMC apartment building or assistance to find housing
- School loan debt forgiveness opportunity as a non-profit hospital
- Non-corporate practice with no pressure for percentage pay
$215,000 to $240,000
If you are interested in joining our progressive team, please send your CV and a cover letter to our Human Resources Department at HRdept@amcny.org. If you have questions about the position, please contact Dr. Melissa Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.