Compassionate and Collaborative Care at the World’s Largest Non-Profit Animal Hospital
The Schwarzman Animal Medical Center’s commitment to compassionate and pioneering veterinary care dates back to 1910 when it was founded as a clinic to help animals whose owners could not afford treatment. We continue this legacy today as the premier veterinary hospital in the tri-state area, maintaining the only Level 1 Trauma Center in New York City and the highest standards of care as part of our American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) accreditation. With 130+ veterinarians working collaboratively across 20 specialties and services, our team prides itself on delivering world class veterinary care to help keep pet families together.
A Commitment to Lifelong Learning
When you join the team at AMC, you join a renowned team of veterinary professionals dedicated to innovative care, research, and education. Our prestigious postgraduate education programs attract future leaders in veterinary medicine, and the clinical research conducted at AMC has led to breakthroughs that change the way care is delivered industry wide. This shared commitment to learning and innovative care creates a collegial, collaborative environment with rewarding opportunities for advancement, growth, and mentorship.
The Future of Veterinary Medicine
We’re building the future of veterinary medicine at the Schwarzman Animal Medical Center, thanks to our transformative Gift of Love campaign to expand and enhance our clinical, educational, and research capacities. Construction is currently underway to add 37,000 square feet of new and renovated space, ensuring AMC is at the forefront of veterinary medicine for generations to come.
About the Dentistry Coordinator Role (Onsite)
The Dentistry Coordinator 2 (DC2) works directly with the Dentistry Service, Offsite Coordinator, and clients and their rDVM offices to ensure a coordinated patient care and communication experience before, during, and after all consultation appointments and procedures. The DC2 communicates urgent medical information between doctors who may not immediately be available by phone, sends patient visit reports and results to rDVMs as needed, and facilitates communication between clients and staff doctors. This position is responsible for coordinating patient referrals, helping to maintain positive relationships with AMC referring veterinary partners and clients, scheduling appointments, ensuring completed pre-surgical testing, collecting medical records, assisting with prescriptions requests and insurance forms, and answering client and rDVM questions.
- Minimum of 2 years veterinary clerical/coordinator experience
- Minimum of 2 years customer service in a professional setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, with ability to multitask and solve problems
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff, clients, and veterinarian practices
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to lift 50lbs and bend/kneel while helping with patient restraint is necessary
- Proficient computer skills
- Associates Degree in Science (Bachelor’s Degree preferred) or equivalent work experience
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Handle communications between services, clients, and rDVMs
- Schedule appointments and procedures; manage cancelations and waitlists
- Obtain medical records
- Ensure all pre-surgical testing is completed prior to surgery date
- Assist with prescription and insurance requests
- Answer client and rDVM inquiries
- Assist in generating estimates and authorization forms, and help arrange discharges
- Help manage the flow of the Dentistry clinic days
- Assist in restraining pets and patient transport when needed
$22.00 – $28.00 per hour
Interested and qualified candidates should email resume/application, with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: 212-758-8157