Reports to: Executive Director of Development
The Development Associate provides administrative support to the Executive Director of Development and other members of the Development team. The ideal candidate will be a highly organized and efficient individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. This position interfaces with the public and many of the organization’s stakeholders such as Board members, Board assistants, government, private funders, and the Leadership Team.
To succeed in this position, the successful candidate will be exceptionally organized, detail oriented, and will have the judgement to prioritize and make administrative decisions quickly to keep things moving in a dynamic environment.
- Must be computer proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other donor databases a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to manage a variety of projects
- Accuracy and meticulous attention to detail are essential
- Interest in fundraising, special events and love of animals are desirable.
- 2-3 years of experience working in a not-for-profit setting preferred.
- Process Donor Acknowledgment Letters and tribute cards, and coordinate staff acknowledgments for honor donations including personalized thanks for donors of gifts between $500-$999. Post and process donation contributions under the supervision of the Development Operations Manager.
- Assist with the drafting and execution of donor correspondence, including Board acknowledgements.
- Answer main development phone line – accepting contributions over the phone and helping with other inquiries as needed.
- Track donor appointments daily and send out afternoon and morning email alerts for the donors who will be in for an appointment.
- Assist with Development Department special events, including list management, invitation mailings, RSVP follow-up, and donor acknowledgement letters.
- Assist with creation and distribution of donor communications such as newsletters, annual reports, and invitations.
- Maintain Development office organization, which includes data entry, filing and managing and ordering all office supply needs. Help to create and employ systems as identified and needed. Process department invoices and reimbursements.
- Assist with any department projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
$62K to $75K
Benefits Package Includes
- Competitive salary
- Generous paid time off
- 50% discount on veterinary care
- Continuing education funds with rollover options
- 403(b) matching
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- You may be eligible for The Public Loan Service Forgiveness Program as we are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit employer
Interested and qualified candidates should email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AMC’s Commitment to Lifelong Learning
The Schwarzman Animal Medical Center is located in Manhattan, near a multitude of leading research and teaching hospitals. AMC’s commitment to compassionate and pioneering veterinary care dates to 1910 when it was founded as a clinic to help animals whose owners could not afford treatment. We continue this legacy today as the world’s largest non-profit animal hospital, with 130+ veterinarians working collaboratively across 20 specialties and services. Our team prides itself on delivering world class veterinary care to help keep pet families together.
When you join the team at AMC, you join a renowned team of veterinary professionals dedicated to innovative care, research, and education. Our prestigious postgraduate education programs attract future leaders in veterinary medicine, and the clinical research conducted at AMC has led to breakthroughs that change the way veterinary care is delivered industry wide. This shared commitment to learning, teaching, and innovative care creates a collegial, collaborative environment with rewarding opportunities for advancement and growth.
We’re building the future of veterinary medicine at the Schwarzman Animal Medical Center, thanks to our transformative Gift of Love campaign to expand and enhance our clinical, educational, and research capacities. Construction is currently underway to fully renovate the hospital, ensuring AMC is at the forefront of veterinary medicine for generations to come.