The Schwarzman Animal Medical Center is seeking a full-time Development Associate to support our Development Department.
Provide administrative support to the Development Department at the Schwarzman Animal Medical Center. Reports to the Director of Development; specific tasks include but are not limited to:
General Development Support
- Process Donor Acknowledgment Letters and tribute cards, and coordinate staff acknowledgments for honor donations.
- Answer main development phone line – accepting contributions over the phone and helping with other inquiries as needed.
- Track donor appointments daily and send out afternoon and morning email of which donors will be in for an appointment.
- Manage iContact for Department and assist in creating eblasts.
- Assist with donor prospect research
- Assist with the planning and execution of all Development Department special events, including list management, invitation mailings, RSVP follow-up, donor acknowledgement letters.
- Assist with preparation of foundation proposals for mailing.
- Assist with creation and distribution of donor newsletters, annual reports, and event materials.
- Assist with the creation and development of new departmental resources.
- Assist Director of Development in preparing letters for Chairman of the Board and other correspondence.
- Personally thank donors who give $500-$999 who do not have a portfolio manager.
- Maintain Development office organization, which includes filing and managing and ordering all office supply needs.
- Edit all Development materials including, proposals, event programs and journals, invitations, direct mail and donor correspondence
- Assist with any department projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and one year of experience working in a not-for-profit setting preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong writer and editor
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to manage a variety of projects
- Accuracy and meticulous attention to detail are essential
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Must be computer proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other donor databases a plus
- Interest in fundraising, special events and love of animals are desirable.
- Competitive salary
- Generous sign-on bonus
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Generous paid time off
- 403-b retirement plan with employer contribution
- 50% discount on veterinary care
- School loan debt forgiveness opportunity as a non-profit hospital
A Commitment to Lifelong Learning
The Schwarzman Animal Medical Center is located in Manhattan, near a multitude of prestigious leading research and teaching hospitals. The AMC’s commitment to compassionate and pioneering veterinary care dates to 1910 when it was founded as a clinic to help animals whose owners could not afford treatment. We continue this legacy today as the world’s largest non-profit animal hospital, with 130+ veterinarians working collaboratively across 20 specialties and services. Our team prides itself on delivering world class veterinary care to help keep pet families together.
When you join the team at AMC, you join a renowned team of veterinary professionals dedicated to innovative care, research, and education. Our prestigious postgraduate education programs attract future leaders in veterinary medicine, and the clinical research conducted at AMC has led to breakthroughs that change the way veterinary care is delivered industry wide. This shared commitment to learning, teaching, and innovative care creates a collegial, collaborative environment with rewarding opportunities for advancement and growth.
We’re building the future of veterinary medicine at the Schwarzman Animal Medical Center, thanks to our transformative Gift of Love campaign to expand and enhance our clinical, educational, and research capacities. Construction is currently underway to fully renovate the hospital, ensuring AMC is at the forefront of veterinary medicine for generations to come.
$45,000 to $55,000 per year
Interested and qualified candidates should email resume/application, with cover letter, to email@example.com.