Development Operations Manager
Development Operations Manager
Reports to: Executive Director of Development
Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the organization’s donor database (Raiser’s Edge) and fulfilling all aspects of database administration. Responsibilities include gift processing, running reports, pulling lists, list segmentation, and analyzing data to track progress and ensure AMC reaches its annual and capital campaign fundraising goals.
- 3+ year of experience using Raiser’s Edge
- Mastery of MS Office, especially excel required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Accuracy and meticulous attention to detail are essential.
- Experience writing reports, interfacing with stakeholders to achieve their goals.
- Strategic thinker and ability to analyze data.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative environment.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Interest in fundraising and love of animals desirable.
- Oversee all database administration and maintain integrity of donor database, including providing technical assistance and training as needed by development staff.
- Thought partner on strategic list development and segmentation for prospects, renewals, and upgrades.
- Manage donor contribution process, including processing, recording, and receipt of contributions and act as primary liaison with Finance.
- Oversee gift entry by Development Associate and other staff.
- Prepare weekly donor gift report for review by Development staff and for Development Associate to generate acknowledgment letters.
- Design queries and exports to generate both standardized and customized reports and lists. Work with department stakeholders to design reports and segmentations to help them achieve their goals.
- Maintain donor records in Raiser’s Edge, including gifts, invitations, event attendance, etc.
- Responsible for managing AMC’s direct mail program, including serving as liaison for direct mail consultant, creating mailing lists, and analyzing results to determine strategies going forward.
- Send daily $1,000 plus gift report.
- Manage the donor society renewal process, including initiating renewals and welcomes.
- Work closely with accounting/finance department on income reconciliation.
- Prepare monthly contributed income report.
- Prepare giving histories and light research on donors and donor prospects.
- All other duties as assigned.
$80K to $95K
Benefits Package Includes
- Competitive salary
- Generous paid time off
- 50% discount on veterinary care
- Continuing education funds with rollover options
- 403(b) matching
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- You may be eligible for The Public Loan Service Forgiveness Program as we are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit employer
Interested and qualified candidates should email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
AMC’s Commitment to Lifelong Learning
The Schwarzman Animal Medical Center is located in Manhattan, near a multitude of leading research and teaching hospitals. AMC’s commitment to compassionate and pioneering veterinary care dates to 1910 when it was founded as a clinic to help animals whose owners could not afford treatment. We continue this legacy today as the world’s largest non-profit animal hospital, with 130+ veterinarians working collaboratively across 20 specialties and services. Our team prides itself on delivering world class veterinary care to help keep pet families together.
When you join the team at AMC, you join a renowned team of veterinary professionals dedicated to innovative care, research, and education. Our prestigious postgraduate education programs attract future leaders in veterinary medicine, and the clinical research conducted at AMC has led to breakthroughs that change the way veterinary care is delivered industry wide. This shared commitment to learning, teaching, and innovative care creates a collegial, collaborative environment with rewarding opportunities for advancement and growth.
We’re building the future of veterinary medicine at the Schwarzman Animal Medical Center, thanks to our transformative Gift of Love campaign to expand and enhance our clinical, educational, and research capacities. Construction is currently underway to fully renovate the hospital, ensuring AMC is at the forefront of veterinary medicine for generations to come.