Licensed Veterinary Technician, Anesthesia
Licensed Veterinary Technician, Anesthesia
Compassionate and Collaborative Care at the World’s Largest Non-Profit Animal Hospital
The Schwarzman Animal Medical Center’s commitment to compassionate and pioneering veterinary care dates back to 1910 when it was founded as a clinic to help animals whose owners could not afford treatment. We continue this legacy today as the world’s largest non-profit animal hospital and the premier veterinary hospital in New York City, maintaining the only Level 1 Trauma Center in the tri-state area and the highest standards of care as part of our American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) accreditation. With 120+ veterinarians working collaboratively across 20 specialties and services, our team prides itself on delivering world class veterinary care to help keep pet families together.
A Commitment to Lifelong Learning
When you join the team at AMC, you join a renowned team of veterinary professionals dedicated to innovative care, research, and education. Our prestigious postgraduate education programs attract future leaders in veterinary medicine, and the clinical research conducted at AMC has led to breakthroughs that change the way care is delivered industry wide. This shared commitment to learning and innovative care creates a collegial, collaborative environment with rewarding opportunities for advancement, growth, and mentorship.
The Future of Veterinary Medicine
We’re building the future of veterinary medicine at the Schwarzman Animal Medical Center, thanks to our transformative Gift of Love campaign to expand and enhance our clinical, educational, and research capacities. Construction is currently underway to add 37,000 square feet of new and renovated space, ensuring AMC is at the forefront of veterinary medicine for generations to come.
Being an Anesthesia Technician at AMC
Work alongside our highly trained and experienced anesthesia technicians and board-certified anesthesiologist to provide anesthesia support for AMC’s cutting-edge procedures. Our anesthesia technicians are trained to provide anesthesia support to diverse services, such as Surgery, Interventional Radiology, Neurology, Emergency and Critical Care, Dentistry, Diagnostic Imaging, Exotics, and patient recovery. Our anesthesia technicians work collaboratively with our specialty services to create patient-specific protocols and to uphold our high standards of patient care and safety. We are currently expanding and building an entire surgical floor with highly advanced operating rooms and equipment, including the latest technology and dedicated canine and feline post-operative recovery suites. This position is ideal for anyone seeking a VTS in anesthesia and analgesia.
- Provide exceptional and compassionate care for patients from admission through discharge
- Provide anesthesia, surgical nursing support, and post-operative recovery for patients of all ASA levels
- Assist the surgery department with appointments
- Operate, maintain, and troubleshoot surgical and anesthetic equipment
- Communicate professionally and effectively with colleagues
- Participation in educational and research projects with an anesthesia focus
- Must have NYS Veterinary Technician’s license
- A candidate for this position must have an advanced anesthesia skill set
- The candidate must be able to lead and act autonomously during a crisis and be adept at crash medicine and resuscitation
- Candidate must be able to work successfully as part of a team and autonomously with the ability to remain composed in stressful and emergency situations
- A strong skill set in phlebotomy, catheter placement, anesthesia protocols, anesthesia monitoring, and post-operative care is essential
- The individual must be flexible about working additional hours when necessary and have the willingness and determination to remain on the cutting edge of veterinary anesthesia. The equivalent of 6 months training is required in AMC’s Surgery Department
- Ability to lift and restrain animals weighing up to 50 pounds
- Flexibility and the ability to accommodate shift work in a hospital that is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary
- Generous sign-on bonus
- Generous paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 75% discount on veterinary care
- Mentorship through the VTS process
- Continuing education funds with rollover options
- NYS licensing fee reimbursement
- Relocation reimbursement for qualified candidates who live outside the NYC metropolitan area
- Free housing for 1 year for qualified candidates who live outside of the NYC metropolitan area
- 403b matching
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- You may be eligible for The Public Loan Service Forgiveness Program as we are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit employer
$30.00 – $37.50 per hour
Interested and qualified candidates should email resume/application, with cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 212-758-8157.