Patient Care Manager of Radiology
Patient Care Manager of Radiology
The Patient Care Manager of Radiology is part of the hospital clinical services team and assists with the organization, direction, management, and evaluation of patient care services for the Radiology Service. The Patient Care Manager supports the mission of the Schwarzman Animal Medical Center by providing the very best in customer service and patient care.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with the Director of Emergency & Critical Care (ECC) and Radiology to evaluate the effectiveness of training programs, staff development, and career ladder to ensure compliance with national standards and state regulatory requirements
- Plan, coordinate, and manage day-to-day activities of the Radiology Veterinary Assistant staff
- Manage veterinary clinical services activities supporting the service
- Act as a liaison between the Director of ECC & Radiology and Assistants to assure optimal communication and efficient operations
- Act as a working supervisor, including in an LVT capacity approximately 40% of the time
- Mentor and guide hospital Radiology Assistants to ensure excellence in care
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to the Radiology Assistants
- Must have strong knowledge of all aspects of the Radiology Service, including scheduling and other areas as applicable
- Perform responsibilities in accordance with hospital goals, objectives, policies, and procedures
- Demonstrate core value of care through positive behavior and as an ambassador for AMC
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- All other related projects and duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years of Radiology Assistant experience in a specialty veterinary hospital
- Proven ability to lead technical staff in a 24-hour healthcare environment
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Reports to: Director of Emergency & Critical Care and Radiology
- Competitive salary
- Generous sign-on bonus
- Four-day work week
- Comprehensive benefits including health insurance with medical, dental, and vision benefits, very generous paid time off, paid continuing education time-off and stipend, and 403-b retirement plan with employer contribution.
- Possibility of housing in an AMC apartment building or assistance to find housing
- School loan debt forgiveness opportunity as a non-profit hospital
- Non-corporate practice with no pressure for percentage pay
- Collegial work with colleagues in a non-competitive structure with strong teaching and mentoring opportunities as well as opportunities for research
AMC’s Commitment to Lifelong Learning
The Schwarzman Animal Medical Center is located in Manhattan, near a multitude of leading research and teaching hospitals. AMC’s commitment to compassionate and pioneering veterinary care dates to 1910 when it was founded as a clinic to help animals whose owners could not afford treatment. We continue this legacy today as the world’s largest non-profit animal hospital, with 130+ veterinarians working collaboratively across 20 specialties and services. Our team prides itself on delivering world class veterinary care to help keep pet families together.
When you join the team at AMC, you join a renowned team of veterinary professionals dedicated to innovative care, research, and education. Our prestigious postgraduate education programs attract future leaders in veterinary medicine, and the clinical research conducted at AMC has led to breakthroughs that change the way veterinary care is delivered industry wide. This shared commitment to learning, teaching, and innovative care creates a collegial, collaborative environment with rewarding opportunities for advancement and growth.
We’re building the future of veterinary medicine at the Schwarzman Animal Medical Center, thanks to our transformative Gift of Love campaign to expand and enhance our clinical, educational, and research capacities. Construction is currently underway to fully renovate the hospital, ensuring AMC is at the forefront of veterinary medicine for generations to come.
Salary Range: $80,000-$95,000
Interested and qualified candidates should email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.