The Schwarzman Animal Medical Center is seeking a full-time radiation oncologist. The applicant must be board certified or board eligible in radiation oncology and be eligible for licensure in New York State.
- Supervising all radiation oncology patients
- Instructing and supervising technicians, interns, and residents practicing radiation oncology
- Providing in-house radiation oncology consultation to other hospital departments for dogs, cats, small mammals, reptiles, and birds
- Providing consultation support to referring veterinarians
- Providing didactic lectures for interns, residents, and the referring veterinary community
AMC’s Radiation Oncology Team
Radiation Oncology is currently comprised of one board-certified radiation oncologist and one resident in radiation oncology, with the support of well-trained Licensed Veterinary Technicians and Veterinary Assistants. With a second Radiation Oncologist we plan to expand our educational support and increase our team of residents and specialty interns. AMC’s Cancer Institute also includes two board certified medical oncologists and a dedicated fellowship-trained surgical oncologist. A highly specialized Interventional Radiology team is also available to assist with our patient care. Together, we can offer individualized treatment plans to meet unique patient and client goals including radiation protocols tailored to specific patient requirements, advanced surgical approaches, interventional radiology techniques and/or chemo and immunotherapy.
The AMC is equipped with a brand new Elekta Infinity Linac system with Electron and 6 MV photon capability with variable dose rate capability. The Linac is equipped with an advanced Agility MLC (offering enhanced modulation of dose), a 6 degree HexaPOD couch, a cone-beam CT with integrated 4DCT respiratory gating capability, and a set of SRS cones as a second stereotactic option for planning of very small targets of less than 1 cm. The Linac is integrated with the MOSAIQ OIS for “record and verify” documentation of all planned cases (including manual plans). All computer planning is performed on Elekta’s most recent version of the Monaco computer treatment planning program. All plan QAs are performed on a Sun Nuclear (ArcCHECK) Arc Delivery QA system. The Radiation Oncology department is also equipped with a Strontium probe for the treatment of small surface lesions.
Other available equipment pertinent to radiation oncology includes:
- ProKnow software program (for plan archiving and plan analysis for future research and retrospective studies)
- Philips Intera 1.5T MRI. A new MRI to be installed summer, 2023
- Toshiba Aquilion 64 slice CT scanner
- An iBEAM evo CT overlay table for proper CT simulation imaging to match the Linac couch
- On site diagnostic radiography and ultrasonography
- On-site IDEXX laboratory as well as point of care analyzers
- Fully equipped Interventional Radiology Service (for stent placement, chemoembolization etc.)
- Competitive salary
- Generous sign-on bonus
- Four-day work week
- Comprehensive benefits including health insurance with medical, dental, and vision benefits, very generous paid time off, paid continuing education time-off stipend, and 403-b retirement plan with employer contribution
- Possibility of housing in an AMC apartment building or assistance to find housing
- School loan debt forgiveness opportunity as a non-profit hospital
- Non-corporate practice with no percentage pay
- Collegial work with colleagues in a non-competitive structure with strong teaching and mentoring opportunities as well as opportunities for research
$230,000 – $260,000
A Commitment to Lifelong Learning
The Schwarzman Animal Medical Center is located in the heart of Manhattan, near a multitude of prestigious leading research and teaching hospitals. The AMC’s commitment to compassionate and pioneering veterinary care dates to 1910 when it was founded as a clinic to help animals whose owners could not afford treatment. We continue this legacy today as the world’s largest non-profit animal hospital, with 130+ veterinarians working collaboratively across 20 specialties and services. Our team prides itself on delivering world class veterinary care to help keep pet families together.
When you join the team at AMC, you join a renowned team of veterinary professionals dedicated to innovative care, research, and education. Our prestigious postgraduate education programs attract future leaders in veterinary medicine, and the clinical research conducted at AMC has led to breakthroughs that change the way veterinary care is delivered industry wide. This shared commitment to learning, teaching, and innovative care creates a collegial, collaborative environment with rewarding opportunities for advancement and growth.
We’re building the future of veterinary medicine at the Schwarzman Animal Medical Center, thanks to our transformative Gift of Love campaign to expand and enhance our clinical, educational, and research capacities. Construction is currently underway to fully renovate the hospital, ensuring AMC is at the forefront of veterinary medicine for generations to come.
For information, please contact Dr. Rachel St-Vincent at 845-519-7931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply for this position, please send your resume, letter of interest, and 3 references to Human Resources at HRdept@amcny.org.