Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
The Schwarzman Animal Medical Center is seeking a skilled talent acquisition specialist to source hard-to-fill professional and management level positions for our organization. Developing and executing recruitment plans and strategies are primary responsibilities to ensure hiring goals are met with the best possible talent. The talent acquisition specialist must understand, model, and represent the Schwarzman AMC’s value proposition. Equally, the talent acquisition specialist will also have the responsibility of building relationships and collaborating with our clinical and administrative management team members.
To ensure success as a talent acquisition specialist, you should possess experience as a recruiter and the ability to attract the perfect candidate for each role. You should be able to develop long-term recruiting strategies and nurture trusting relationships with potential hires. You must be able to create strong talent pipelines for our organization’s current and future hiring needs. This is a critical business role, significant to our growth plan and requires a highly motivated individual committed to delivering results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consulting with internal departments to determine recruitment needs.
- Determining selection criteria, hiring profiles, and job requirements for vacant positions.
- Sourcing potential candidates through online company career portals, recruitment sites, job boards, social platforms, as well as print media when required.
- Evaluating applications and screening candidates via calls or emails, as well as facilitating pre-interview assessments.
- Compiling interview questions and conducting in-person or video call interviews with potential candidates.
- Create offer letters, maintain applicant tracking system, recruiting reports and other staffing administration functions as needed.
- Documenting processes and fostering good relationships with potential candidates and past applicants.
- Developing hiring strategies and procedures in line with industry trends, as well as keeping informed of advancements in the field.
- Preparing hiring forecasts as part of the company’s strategic planning.
- Give presentations at colleges and key Universities, attend student group meetings, and increase awareness of the company before and after career fairs.
- Represent the company at recruiting events (i.e., college job fairs), providing company/job information and interviewing applicants.
- Respond timely to internal and external applicant situations, and applicant requests as required.
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting efforts.
- Position may require work responsibilities outside of normal business hours.
- Willing and able to travel occasionally, including overnight travel
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 years of experience as a talent acquisition specialist, or similar.
- DVM, VMD or other veterinary professional credentials preferred (VTS, LVT, CVT, RVT).
- Ability to consult with internal departments and develop hiring strategies and profiles.
- Advanced knowledge of effective hiring platforms that attract suitable applicants.
- Exceptional ability to screen candidates, compile shortlists and interview candidates.
- Experience in creating awareness of the company brand and establishing professional relationships with candidates.
- Proficiency in documenting processes and keeping up with industry trends.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various recruiting techniques, and experience in online/social media recruiting.
- Experience and/or exposure in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Proven ability to communicate and effectively “sell” an organization’s value proposition.
- Excellent oral/written communication, marketing, presentation, interviewing and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), internet, and Applicant Tracking Systems.
- Strong customer service, negotiation skills and ability to interact with employees at all levels throughout the organization.
- Self-starter with excellent time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic and sense of integrity, trustworthiness, and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Creative in brainstorming and proposing new ideas and solutions to existing problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential function of this job.
- Activities require a significant amount of sitting at office and work desks and in front of a computer monitor.
- Regularly required to verbally communicate, listen, and give presentations as needed.
- Walking and standing relative to interaction with other personnel and applicants.
- General office environment: Works at a desk in a well-lighted, air-conditioned cubicle/office, with moderate noise levels.
- Long-distance or air travel as needed.
- Periods of high demand due to multiple hiring needs.
- Reports to President and CEO
- Direct reports: None
- Salaried- Exempt Position
$65,000 – $90,000
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Kathryn.Coyne@amcny.org, President and CEO and cc: Neil.McCarthy@amcny.org , Executive Vice President, Chief Administrative Officer.