Veterinary Client Services Office Manager
Veterinary Client Services Office Manager
Compassionate and Collaborative Care at the World’s Largest Non-Profit Animal Hospital
The Schwarzman Animal Medical Center’s commitment to compassionate and pioneering veterinary care dates back to 1910 when it was founded as a clinic to help animals whose owners could not afford treatment. We continue this this legacy today as the premier veterinary hospital in New York City, maintaining the only Level 1 Trauma Center in the tri-state area and the highest standards of care as part of our American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) accreditation. With 120+ veterinarians working collaboratively across 20 specialties and services, our team prides itself on delivering world class veterinary care to help keep pet families together.
A Commitment to Lifelong Learning
When you join the team at AMC, you join a renowned team of veterinary professionals dedicated to innovative care, research, and education. Our prestigious postgraduate education programs attract future leaders in veterinary medicine, and the clinical research conducted at AMC has led to breakthroughs that change the way care is delivered industry-wide. This shared commitment to learning and innovative care creates a collegial, collaborative environment with rewarding opportunities for advancement, growth, and mentorship.
The Future of Veterinary Medicine
We’re building the future of veterinary medicine at the Schwarzman Animal Medical Center, thanks to our transformative Gift of Love campaign to expand and enhance our clinical, educational, and research capacities. Construction is currently underway to add 37,000 square feet of new and renovated space, ensuring AMC is at the forefront of veterinary medicine for generations to come.
About the Veterinary Client Services Office Manager Role
The Veterinary Client Services Office Manager will manage the day-to-day, client services/reception areas of the hospital and communicate internally with various departments throughout the organization. The Client Services Office Manager will also act as a liaison between clients and medical staff and other departments. Under direction from the Director of Client and rDVM Relations, this role will also perform and support a range of nuanced administrative activities related to quality patient care and excellent client service, management of finances and accounting, staffing and human resources, and discretionary activities that serve to support effective business operations.
- Able to resolve informal client concerns and report issues to the Director and administrative teams
- Able to identify, analyze, and provide feedback to help optimize throughput and workflow
- Responsible for interviewing, training, coaching, developing, mentoring Client Services staff, including executing disciplinary actions as appropriate
- Must be highly dependable and able to fill in for staff when needed as client services is staffed 24/7/365
- Provide direct on the job training to develop all employee skill sets; advise employees of performance requirements with standards of client services
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of AMC’s front office, including enforcement of policies, procedures, protocols, and team payroll
- Responsible for handling communication related to AMC’s financial assistance programs to clients and medical staff
- All other related duties as assigned by the Director of Client and rDVM Relations
- Must possess strong leadership and management skills with a solid background of veterinary support staff operations and a strong customer service background
- Must have strong organizational, client relations, and interpersonal skills and be an expert multitasker in a high paced environment
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be a self-starter and a team player
- Must have at least 3 years supervisory/management experience in either human/veterinary hospital field
- Solid background in Microsoft Office programs and Electronic Medical Record systems
- College degree preferred
- Full Time; Sunday – Thursday 1pm -9pm
Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary
- $1,000 Sign-on bonus
- Generous paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 50% discount on veterinary care
- 403b matching
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- You may be eligible for The Public Loan Service Forgiveness Program as we are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit employer
$55,000 – $65,000 per year
Interested and qualified candidates should email resume/application, with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.