Surgery Manager – FT
Surgery Manager – FT
- This position includes surgery, recovery, dentistry, ophthalmology, neurology, interventional radiology, and exotics.
- Technician will be primarily responsible for coordinating anesthesia support for all AMC services and collaborating with the nursing team and doctors to develop, continually improve, and promote quality standards of nursing care.
- Technician will act as a liaison between clinical staff and doctors to develop continually improve, and promote quality standards of nursing care.
- Surgery Manager is accountable for supervising LVT’s and assistants. This is a working supervisory position and manager will work 40% of the time on the unit.
- Duties will include but not be limited to trouble shooting, operation, and care of surgical and anesthetic equipment, maintenance of inventory, leadership and coordination, and research/educational projects of anesthesia and surgical focus.
- Must be flexible to changes in schedules based on the needs of the unit(s). Includes all other management duties related to each particular service.
- Qualified candidates must have advanced anesthesia skill set and process.
- Must be able to perform all of the tasks associated with critical and emergent anesthesia procedures.
- The equivalent of 6 months training is required in the surgery department of the Animal Medical Center.
- Must be able to lead and act autonomously during a crisis and be adept at crash medicine and resuscitation.
- Must possess a NYS Veterinary technician’s license with an Associate’s Degree and 4 years of nursing in a specialty veterinary hospital is required; 4 years anesthesia experience preferred.
- Must have proven ability to lead staff in a 24 hour health care environment.
- Must be able to develop, plan, and implement short and long term goals, recruit employees, assist in training, provide technical guidance and leadership and establish and maintain effective and respectful working relationships both internally and externally.
- Candidate must be able to work as part of a team and autonomously with the ability to remain composed in stressful situations.
- A strong skillset in phlebotomy, catheter placement, blocks, arterial line insertion, anesthesia protocols, anesthesia monitoring and post-operative care is essential.
- Candidate must be flexible about working additional hours when necessary and have the willingness and determination to remain on the cutting edge of veterinary anesthesia.
- Candidate must possess strong leadership and communication skills.
The Animal Medical Center offers excellent benefits including medical/dental insurance, tuition assistance, retirement plan, pet care discounts and more.
Interested and qualified candidates should email resume/application, with cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 212-758-8157.
We are an equal opportunity employer.