Find A Doctor
Dennis Slade,DVM, DACVIM (SAIM)
After completing veterinary training at Cornell University and residency training at the University of Pennsylvania, Dr. Dennis Slade practiced internal medicine outside of Washington, DC and Brooklyn, NY before joining the staff at the Animal Medical Center in 2016. He has interests in gastroenterology, hepatology, endocrinology, and immunology. He also has a strong interest in veterinary education and is active in intern and resident education programs.
- BA in Biology – Muhlenberg College, Allentown, PA, 1999 (Summa Cum Laude)
- DVM – Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, 2005
- Internship in Small Animal Medicine and Surgery – Long Island Veterinary Specialists, Plainview, NY 2006
- Residency in Small Animal Internal Medicine – University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, 2009
- AMC Class of 2019 Teaching Award (Clendenin J. “Mike” Ryan Memorial Award for Outstanding Teaching)
- AMC Class of 2017 Teaching Award (Clendenin J. “Mike” Ryan Memorial Award for Outstanding Teaching)
Resolution of a Proteinuric Nephropathy Associated with Babesia gibsoni Infection in a Dog. Slade DJ, Lees GE, Berridge BR, Clubb FJ, Kuczynski LA, Littman MP. J Am Anim Hosp Assoc. 2011 Nov-Dec;47(6):e138-144.
Much, JW, DJ Slade, K. Klampert, G. Garriga and B. Wightman, 2000, The fax-1 nuclear hormone receptor regulates axon pathfinding and neurotransmitter expression, Development 127:703-712.