Find A Doctor
Dr. Heather Daverio grew up in Northport, New York and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts from Connecticut College in 2002. She received her Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine from Western University of Health Sciences in 2011 and the following year she completed the general Internship Program at the Animal Medical Center. She continued her training at AMC as a specialty intern in the anatomic pathology department. Dr. Daverio then pursued and completed a joint residency between Cornell University and The Wildlife Conservation Society (Eddie Gould Resident in Zoo and Wildlife Pathology). She earned board certification from the American College of Veterinary Pathologists in 2016, after which she returned to the Animal Medical Center in 2017 as a staff pathologist. Her professional interests include dermatopathology, pathology of avian and exotic species, and the gastrointestinal microbiome. When not at work, Dr. Daverio spends her time with her supportive family, French bulldog, and cat.
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Pathologists, 2016
- BA – Connecticut College, New London, CT, 2002
- DVM – Western University of Health Sciences, Pomona, CA, 2011
- Internship in Small Animal Medicine and Surgery – Animal Medical Center, New York, NY, 2012
- Specialty Internship in Anatomic Pathology, Animal Medical Center, New York, NY, 2013
- Residency in Anatomic Pathology, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, 2015
- Residency in Anatomic Pathology, Wildlife Conservation Society/Bronx Zoo, Bronx, NY, 2016
Ruby RE, Daverio H, Barrell EA, and Southard TL. Pathology in Practice. Peritoneal Mesothelioma with Metastasis to Adrenal Glands, Heart, and Lungs. JAVMA. Jan 2016; 248(1):63-5.
Kaye SW, Daverio H, Eddy R, Ossiboff RJ, Peters-Kennedy J, and Morrisey JK. Surgical Resection of an Interrenal Cell Adenocarcinoma in a Woma Python (Aspidites ramsayi) with 18 Month Follow-up. Journal of Herpetological Medicine and Surgery. March-June 2016; 26(1-2):26-31.