Find A Doctor
Melissa Milligan,VMD, DACVIM (SAIM)
Specialist in Internal Medicine Department: Internal Medicine Interventional Radiology & Endoscopy
Dr. Milligan graduated from the University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine in 2016. She completed a one year rotating small animal internship at Tufts VETS followed by a one year internship with the Interventional Radiology/Interventional Endoscopy Team at the Animal Medical Center. At present, she is a Senior Veterinarian with AMC’s Internal Medicine and Intervention Radiology & Endoscopy teams.
Her interests are in urology, nephrology, and interventional radiology/endoscopy.
- BS in Pre-Professional Biology – Delaware Valley College, Doylestown, PA, 2011
- VMD – University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 2016
- Internship in Small Animal Medicine – Tufts Veterinary Emergency Treatment and Specialties, Walpole, MA, 2017
- Specialty Internship in Interventional Radiology & Endoscopy – Animal Medical Center, New York, NY, 2018
- Residency in Internal Medicine – Animal Medical Center, New York, NY, 2018-2021
Sack, D., Hyndman, P., Milligan, M., & Spector, D. (2022). Decortication, thoracic omentalization, and pericardiectomy for treatment of severe fibrosing pleuritis in a cat, Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, 260(3), 335-340. https://avmajournals.avma.org/view/journals/javma/260/3/javma.21.01.0018.xml
Outcome of SUB placement for the treatment of benign ureteral obstruction in dogs: nine dogs and 12 renal units (2013 to 2017). Milligan ML, Berent AC, Weisse CW, Lamb K, Toizer E. J Small Anim Pract. 2020 Jul;61(7):428-435. doi: 10.1111/jsap.13137. Epub 2020 Apr 30.PMID: 32352170
Milligan M, Berent AC. Medical and Interventional Management of Upper Urinary Tract Uroliths. Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract. 2019 Mar;49(2):157-174.