Find A Doctor
Renee McDougall graduated from Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine’s combined DVM/MPH program in 2016. She then completed a one year rotating small animal medicine and surgery internship at the Animal Medical Center. She went on to complete an orthopedic surgical internship at the Veterinary Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Group before returning to the Animal Medical Center for her surgical residency, where she remains engaged in research and patient care.
- BA, Summa cum laude – University of Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania, PA, 2012
- DVM – Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, 2016
- MPH – Cornell University/University of Minnesota, Ithica, NY, 2016
Postgraduate Research and Hospital Training:
- Internship in Small Animal Medicine and Surgery – The Animal Medical Center, New York, NY, 2017
- Internship in Small Animal Orthopedic Surgery and Rehabilitation – Veterinary and Orthopedics Sports Medicine Group, Annapolis Jct, MD, 2018
- Residency in Small Animal Surgery – The Animal Medical Center, New York, NY, ongoing
McDougall R., Canapp S., Canapp D., Ultrasonographic findings in 41 dogs treated with bone marrow aspirate concentrate and platelet-rich plasma for a supraspinatus tendinopathy: a retrospective study. Front Vet Sci. 2018;5:98.
McDougall R., Dycus D.L. What is Your Diagnosis? J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2019;254(9);1045-1047.
Weisse C., Berent A., McDougall R., Violette N. Canine tracheal collapse syndrome (CTCS) treated with endoluminal stenting: short-, intermediate-, and long-term results in 75 cases (2009-2015). J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2019; 254(3):380-392.
Raske M., Weisse C., Berent A., McDougall R. Immediate, Short-term, and Long-term changes in tracheal stent diameter, length, and positioning following placement in dogs with tracheal collapse syndrome. J Vet Intern Med. 2017;32:782-791.
Kirsch MS, Spector D, Kalafut SR, Moore GE, McDougall R. Comparison of carbon dioxide laser versus bipolar vessel device for staphylectomy for the treatment of brachycephalic obstructive airway syndrome. Can Vet J. 2019;60(2):160-166.
Teitleman A., Calhoun J., Duncan R., Washio Y., McDougall R. Young women’s views on testing for sexually transmitted infections and HIV as a risk reduction strategy in mutual and choice-restricted relationships. Applied Nursing Research. 2015;23(3):215-21.