Avian & Exotic Pet Medicine
About Avian & Exotic Pet Medicine at AMC
AMC’s Avian and Exotic Pet Service was established in 1984 as the first specialty service for exotic pets in New York City and the surrounding metropolitan area. We provide state-of-the-art medical and surgical care for all different types of pets, including birds, rabbits, guinea pigs, ferrets, small rodents, and reptiles. We offer routine preventative health care as well as specialty care, and we are the premier referral service for birds and exotic pets in the tri-state area. Our staff of veterinarians and technicians is highly experienced and trained in all aspects of avian and exotic pet medicine.
The AMC Difference
Because we work directly with other board certified veterinarians in the specialty services offered at AMC, we can provide comprehensive consultation and care for your bird or exotic pet unavailable anywhere else in the NYC metropolitan area. These services include: Orthopedic and Soft Tissue Surgery, Cardiology, Ophthalmology, Dentistry, Anesthesia, Critical Care, Dermatology, Neurology, Oncology, and Interventional Radiology.
Routine services we provide:
- Wellness checks and health examinations
- Nutrition and husbandry assessments
- Routine blood tests
- Serologic screenings for infectious diseases
- Routine grooming for birds, including corrective beak trims
- Digital radiography
- Computed tomography (CT)
- Endoscopy and laparoscopy
- Rabbit and rodent dentistry, including skull CT scanning
- Advanced avian, rodent, and reptile surgery