Halloween Costume Safety
As adorable as dogs may look in Halloween costumes, it’s important to prioritize safety and comfort over style and cuteness. If you’re planning to dress up your dog for Halloween, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Make sure the costume fits properly and doesn’t interfere with your dog’s sight, hearing, breathing, or movement.
- Avoid costumes with pieces that can be tripped over or chewed off.
- Never leave your pet unsupervised while dressed up.
- Don’t remove your dog’s collar or ID tag.
- If your dog has a thick coat, choose a lightweight costume to prevent overheating.
- Do a dress rehearsal before the big day. If after a few attempts, your pet rejects the costume, don’t force it.