Find A Doctor
Robert Moore,DVM, DABVP (Avian)
Specialist in Avian Medicine Department: Avian & Exotic Pets
Dr. Moore joins AMC part-time while serving as a Senior Clinical Veterinarian at the Wildlife Conservation Society. In this capacity, he is responsible for providing medical, surgical, and preventive healthcare for the living collections at the Bronx Zoo, New York Aquarium, Central Park Zoo, Prospect Park Zoo, and the Queens Zoo, in addition to other conservation and education projects and programs. Previously, Dr. Moore served as a Staff Veterinarian at Bond Animal Hospital and AMC. He completed his internship at the Ontario Veterinary College and his residency at Texas A&M University. Dr. Moore has experience in international veterinary work and has authored numerous medical journal articles.
- DVM, Michigan State University
- BS, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Michigan State University
- Internship in Small Animal Medicine and Surgery, Ontario Veterinary College
- Residency in Avian, Exotic, & Zoological Animal Medicine, Texas A&M University
- Moore RP. Gastrointestinal Obstruction Caused by Duodenal leiomyoma in a Blue-Throated Macaw (Ara caninde). Submitted and accepted ABVP resident case report: 2003.
- Phalen DN and Moore RP. Experimental Infection of White-Leghorn Cockerels with Macrorhabdos ornithogaster (Megabacterium). Avian Diseases 47:254-260; 2003.
- Moore RP. Surgical Treatment of Egg Binding and Post-Operative Endometritis in a Blue and Gold Macaw (Ara ararauna). Submitted as ABVP resident case report; 2002.
- Phalen DN, Tomaszewski E, and Moore RP. Investigation into the Detection, Treatment and Pathogenicity of Avian Gastric Yeast. Proceedings of the Annual Conference of the Association of Avian Veterinarians 2002: 49-51.
- Moore RP, Snowden KF and Phalen DN. A Method of Preventing Transmission of So-Called “Megabacteria” in Budgerigars (Melopsittacus undulatus). Journal of Avian Medicine and Surgery 15 (4):283-287; 2001.
- Moore RP, Snowden KF, and Phalen DN. Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention of Megabacteriosis in the Budgerigar (Melopsittacus undulatus). Proceedings of the Annual Conference of the Association of Avian Veterinarians 2001: 161-164.
- Moore RP, Snowden KF, and Phalen DN. Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention of Megabacteriosis in the Budgerigar (Melopsittacus undulatus). Proceedings of the Annual Conference of the Australian Association of Avian Veterinarians 2001: 95-101.