About Your Visit
Behind the Scenes
AMC’s patients benefit from a collaborative and coordinated care model made possible by having more than 20 specialties and services under one roof. This ensures the best possible outcome and quality of life for the pets we serve.
Our patients also benefit from the most state-of-the-art medical equipment available including:
- 1.5 Tesla Philips MRI (the exclusive high field MRI for small animals in NYC)
- 64-slice spiral CT scanner
- Electroenceephalography (EEG)
- In-house laboratory
- Integrated non-invasive diagnostic testing with multispecialty consultations
- Mobile Cone Beam CT
Things you need to know
- Before your appointment, have your veterinarian(s) send medical records to AMC so that we can best treat your pet and facilitate an efficient diagnostic plan. Please send records by email to email@example.com or fax to (212) 752-2592.
- Please bring ID with you to register and let the staff know if any of your contact information, or your referring veterinarian’s information, has changed so that we can update our files with the most recent information.
- Check-in and check-out for most services is on the second floor. Check in for Rehab, Oncology, Dermatology, and Surgical Oncology is on the 8th floor.
- Please note that some pets may be examined without their owners present to ensure safety and allow our medical staff to focus on your pet.
- Please arrive on time and contact (212) 838-7053 if you are running late or need to reschedule. Please allow for traffic in your travel plans as AMC is located off the FDR.
- Please have your pet on a leash or in a carrier for their safety and the safety of our other patients.
- AMC is not responsible for personal belongings such as carriers, beds, leashes, or any personal items for your pets. If your pet is admitted, please take these items with you. AMC cannot store these items for you.
- For certain medical services and procedures, you will be emailed client instructions prior to your appointment. Please ensure you have read, understood, and completed these instructions prior to your appointment.
- Visitation hours are limited to 30 minutes between 6-9 pm.
- Due to state regulations, prescriptions for controlled substances cannot be filled until the client is on AMC premises.
Veterinary Staff Descriptions
- Staff Doctor: A licensed veterinarian who is part of the permanent faculty at AMC, has specialty training, and in most cases is a board certified specialist in one of our 20 specialties.
- Resident Doctor: A licensed veterinarian who has graduated from veterinary school and is completing training to become a board certified specialist.
- Intern Doctor: A licensed veterinarian who is completing a 12-month internship to advance their training and knowledge of veterinary medicine. Many AMC interns go on to residency training in their field of interest.