AMC to the Rescue Application
How to Apply
Please complete our application form below. The following documentation will be required as part of the application process (please use the links below to access the correct documentation):
- An IRS letter of intent stating that your organization is a registered 501(c)(3) rescue group (shelters cannot qualify)
- A completed referral letter from the veterinarian who examined the pet
- PLEASE DO NOT INSTRUCT YOUR VET TO SUBMIT THROUGH OUR REFERRAL PORTAL
- The pet’s full medical records, including:
- Digital files of x-ray images of fractures and other skeletal disorders
- Baseline laboratory tests appropriate to the medical condition
- The signed AMC to the Rescue Policies and Procedures form
Applications will not be reviewed until ALL required documentation has been submitted to AMC. If you wish to complete a hard copy of this application, you may download the form and submit to email@example.com or fax to 212-308-0014. If an application has been approved for AMC to the Rescue, the rescue will be contacted to schedule an appointment. A representative of AMC to the Rescue will contact the person who is submitting the application on behalf of the rescue at the contact number provided on the application. If you have already scheduled an appointment prior to being contacted by an AMC representative, your organization will be responsible for all charges associated with the visit and this will not fast-track review of your application.
The Fine Print
- This program is currently only available to rescue groups (not shelters) in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania.
- To apply for care, all balances must be paid in full.
- Following the medical referral from AMC for treatment, the rescue will be responsible for the $199.50 flat fee and any charges incurred beyond the grant for care.
- AMC to the Rescue will cover the fees for one recheck (including all associated costs, such as digital radiographs or other diagnostic procedures) within one month after the approved procedure has been completed and the pet has been released to the rescue organization. All subsequent rechecks are the responsibility of the rescue organization.
- All of us at the Animal Medical Center wish long, healthy lives for every animal you rescue and, most of all, that they each find a forever home. Once a pet has received treatment through AMC to the Rescue and is adopted, please let us know by completing our Transfer of Ownership form. Not only do we like to hear about a happy outcome, but we would also like to pass along a 20% lifetime discount for specialty care at the Animal Medical Center.
- Due to the anticipated high volume of applications when the fund reopens, please allow 1-2 weeks for a response. We appreciate your patience!
- Due to high volume as we re-open, we ask that you prioritize your needs. We will not accept more than two applications at this time from a Rescue.