Licensed Veterinary Technician
Licensed Veterinary Technician
The Schwarzman Animal Medical Center is seeking Licensed Veterinary Technicians across a range of departments to support our non-profit mission of delivering world-class care to our patients.
Responsibilities vary by department but will include:
- Provide exceptional and compassionate care for our patients from admission through discharge
- Support veterinarians in all facets of care, including interpreting and executing treatment directives
- Complete all necessary technical procedures and treatments, with strict adherence to department and hospital protocols
- Communicate professionally with clients and referral veterinarians
- Maintain concise and accurate records of the patient’s treatment progress and charges
- Maintain stock, order supplies, and assist with cleaning and maintaining cleanliness of ward
- Participate in the training of new employees and volunteers
- Participate in educational and research projects
- All other related duties as assigned
Qualifications may vary by department but will include:
- Must have a New York State Veterinary Technician’s license or permit
- Must have animal handling experience and ability to lift and restrain animals weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work successfully as part of a team
- Must also be able work independently and proactively
- Must establish and maintain effective, respectful working relationships and customer satisfaction with all stakeholders, including department staff, medical staff, support staff, clients, and referring veterinarians
- Must have ability to remain composed in stressful and emergency situations
Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary
- Generous sign-on bonus
- Generous paid time off
- Tuition assistance
- 50% discount on veterinary care
- Mentorship through the VTS process
- Continuing education funds with rollover options
- NYS Licensing fee reimbursement
- Relocation reimbursement for qualified candidates who live outside the NYC metropolitan area
- Free housing for 1 year for qualified candidates who live outside of the NYC metropolitan area (*2-year employment commitment required)
- 403b matching
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- You may be eligible for The Public Loan Service Forgiveness Program as we are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit employer
AMC’s Commitment to Lifelong Learning
The Schwarzman Animal Medical Center is located in Manhattan, near a multitude of leading research and teaching hospitals. AMC’s commitment to compassionate and pioneering veterinary care dates to 1910 when it was founded as a clinic to help animals whose owners could not afford treatment. We continue this legacy today as the world’s largest non-profit animal hospital, with 130+ veterinarians working collaboratively across 20 specialties and services. Our team prides itself on delivering world class veterinary care to help keep pet families together.
When you join the team at AMC, you join a renowned team of veterinary professionals dedicated to innovative care, research, and education. Our prestigious postgraduate education programs attract future leaders in veterinary medicine, and the clinical research conducted at AMC has led to breakthroughs that change the way veterinary care is delivered industry wide. This shared commitment to learning, teaching, and innovative care creates a collegial, collaborative environment with rewarding opportunities for advancement and growth.
We’re building the future of veterinary medicine at the Schwarzman Animal Medical Center, thanks to our transformative Gift of Love campaign to expand and enhance our clinical, educational, and research capacities. Construction is currently underway to fully renovate the hospital, ensuring AMC is at the forefront of veterinary medicine for generations to come.
- TBD per departmental needs
$30.00 – $40.00 per hour
Interested and qualified candidates should email resume/application, with cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org.